Understanding Twice-Exceptional Learners: Connecting Research to Practice
Paperback | Dec 2020 | Prufrock Press | 9781646320776 | 300pp | 254x178mm | RFB
Understanding Twice-Exceptional Learners offers an in-depth look at the needs and lived experiences of students who are twice-exceptional.
- Includes detailed examinations of co-occurring disabilities commonly found in twice-exceptional populations
- Features studies of ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), anxiety, OCD, and more
- Bridges the divide between research about and practical strategies for teaching gifted students with learning challenges
- Is Ideal for university teacher preparation courses and graduate programs
- Provides strength-based strategies that focus on students' unique gifts and talents
Each chapter includes a comprehensive literature review, suggested interventions, resources for further exploration, and vignettes that highlight experiences of twice-exceptional students and the behaviors and needs that practitioners might commonly see in the classroom.