Full-color Travel Guide
Fodor's Tokyo: with Side-trips to Mount Fuji
Full-color Travel Guide
Paperback (Trade paperback US) | 7th edition | May 2020 | Fodor's Travel | 9781640972346 | 352pp | 203x131mm | GEN | AUD$34.99, NZD$39.99
Whether you want to stay in a ryokan, stand in awe at busy Shibuya Crossing, visit beautiful temples, or hike Mount Fuji, the local Fodor's travel experts in Tokyo are here to help! Fodor's Tokyo guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been fully redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful colour photos.
So GET INSPIRED with:
- An illustrated ultimate experiences guide to the top things to see and do
- Photo-filled 'Best Of' features of Tokyo's Best Temples and Shrines, Best City Views, and Tokyo's Most Beautiful Traditional Gardens
- Colour Photos throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- Up-to-date and honest recommendations for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
GET PLANNING with:
- Multiple itineraries to effectively organise your days and maximise your time
- Special features on 'Peerless Fuji,' 'A Japanese Culture Primer,' and 'Isolation and Engagement: A History of Japan'
- Covers on Shinjuku, Ginza, Shibuya, Asakusa, Imperial Palace District, Akihabara, Marunouchi, Harajuku, Tokyo Skytree, Tosho-gu Shrine, Roppongi, Senso-ji, Mount Fuji, Kamakura, Yokohama, Nikko, Hakone, lake Chuzenji
and GET GOING with:
- More than 20 detailed maps to navigate confidently
- Trip-planning tools and practical trips on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- Historical and cultural insights providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, customs, pop culture, cuisine, and more
- Local writers to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- Japanese language primer with useful words and essential phrases include side-trips to Mount Fuji, Nikko, Kamakura, and Yokohama
'Fodor's is pitched a few notches higher...aimed at a fairly discerning traveler with an appetite for background and the occasional surprise.' — New York Times
'The Fodor's guides are notable for their ratings of sights, restaurants, shops, accommodations and attractions.' — Chicago Tribune
'In terms of comprehensiveness of coverage, the very accessible format, and the enthusiastic tone, this series remains one of the best on the market.' — Booklist